Movies masti magic

Movies have ruined my life. Movies are the root cause of all the desires which i currently possess. Desires which motivate me as much as they cause me anguish. Movies have influenced in so many ways that I sometimes wonder what kind of a person I would have been if I hadnt watched even one movie in my life!!!

Movies have shown me the insignificance of my presence. Oh yes, they have. If not for movies I would have led a contended life, satisfied with whatever little I had. I would have been extremely happy in my own small little world without bothering (because I would not be knowing) about the world outside. Movies have opened me to the infiniteness of people & places. They have shown me the various facets of human existence. They have made me realize that life can be lived in any which way.

But then, movies are solely responsible for causing me the biggest issue of my teenage life "identity crisis". Yes, they caused total confusion in my tiny mind during my formative years. I can even go to the extent of saying they have scarred me for life. There is no denying that DDLJ filled my heart with various forms of feelings about love (wah .. seriously). There is no denying that as I grew up, Sanju baba & his gang-of-men changed my perception about "bad boys".


Movies generally portray that you can achieve something only when you got nothing to start with. Its always from the bottom that you go to the top. So the situations are always such, a guy from the lowest strata of society who has got nothing to lose going on to achieve something really big. These kind are really inspiring. But then not everyone is in a situation of got-nothing-to-lose. The other situation being the filthy rich. They have the best girls around, the best things, the best locales, the best scenes (..Ahem) why GOD why ???
People might say "Its just a movie dude .. its all make-believe" ... but those are real people .. real locations. who cares if it happened or not, the fact is that those people exist as do those places & that is enough for a dream. The very few movies which portray the situation in between (neither the too-poor & neither the too-rich) are the most hurting even though they are supposed to portray the life of people like me. You know why it hurts most?? coz they all have a neighbourhood-sweet-girl-next-door around. It never ever happens in real life, does it?? (I am praying)

Movies have made a mockery of my emotions, they have made me realize that whatever I want to do has been done, whatever I want to achieve has been achieved, whatever I dream has been dreamt, whatever I feel has been felt, whatever I think has been thought, whatever I know has been known. The emotions they bring out in such openness has made me feel that I should do the same, even though I dont. Some situations, some scenes, some dialogues have welled up my eyes, some have given me goose bumps, some have just stayed with me to haunt me, to question me.
Life has indeed taught me many lessons and I am forever indebted to it for that, and the rest I have learnt from movies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

break up stuff into more paragraphs. Its easier to read and comprehend

Anup said...

Thanks for the "constructive criticism".
This post has been edited for sake of "clarity" & "better viewing".

optimismattheheights said...

You can be more creative, you can try out something new and sell the idea to a movie and other kids will feel like you. Or you can hide your sources well enuf u can copy too. They cant copy your idea, better than patenting, you just publish it :)

May be even u had a sweet-girl-next-door ( other than the time you were in hostel :P ) but u were busy writing blog or thinking what to write. Or you actually made her read what you have written and she vacated the house :P :P :P