Go .........

I guess it was the desire to be back in Bangalore as soon as we could which drove all of us to wake up early & get ready to leave as planned the previous night!!! By 8'0 clock we had finished our breakfast & started on the longest stretch of our entire trip - 450 kms.

Our route was through the Gerusoppa ghats. It is an extremely scenic ghat section & it was a visual treat to keep riding in the midst of those hills. On the way we gave a photo-stop at Jog falls where one small line of water was visible. We then passed through Shimoga. We stopped for lunch at some dhaba after Arasikere. A little after Tiptur, Shreeshaa realized that his mobile was missing. It seems he had kept it in his jacket pocket which had no zipper. This was the biggest casualty of the trip, but if it was any console it was totally Shreeshaa's fault. We didnt tell this to him then coz we didnt want to make him even sadder but this is what we all felt 'How dumb can you be to keep your mobile in an open pocket of your jacket, that too when sitting on a bike'. By late evening we had crossed Tumkur. The ride from Tumkur to Bangalore on that 3(maybe 4) lane highway was fun. We three were riding at high speeds & squeezing in among the trucks, buses. While overtaking one would go right, one left & emerge out together. We reached Nelamangala in no time, but it took us longer to reach Indiranagar from there!!!

We dropped off Suttu & Shreeshaa to their room (they being roomies) & the original four (with whom the trip started) traced our way back to Marthahalli, from where it had all begun.


The best way to sum up what we were feeling like then would be to refer to the very first Bajaj Avenger ad -
A lonely guy riding on the countryside roads thinking to himself - "I forgive my father .. I forgive women .. I forgive my boss .. I forgive the government .. I forgive my past .. I forgive them all .. I feel .. I feel like GOD".

02-01-2009: Honnavar-Bangalore.

0 comments: